The OpenLive Shark Island Challenge presented by BOKA Green Energy is set to kick off again in 2015 with the event window opening from August 13 – September 20, 2015.
Twenty-four of the world’s best bodyboarders will compete when the elite one-day event is determined solid enough to run over the challenging Cronulla reefbreak.
1. Mike Stewart, Hawaii (9 x World Champ & 2000 SIC Champ)
2. Jeff Hubbard, Hawaii (3 x World Champ)
3. Ben Player, Australia (3 x World Champ & 2007 + 2008 SIC Champ)
4. Andrew Lester, Cronulla (3 x Aus Champ & 2014 SIC winner)
5. Mitch Rawlins, Australia (voted no.1 in world peer poll & 2012 SIC winner)
6. Alex Leon, Cronulla
7. Shaun Pyne, Cronulla
8. Dave Winchester, Aus (World No.2 – 2010, 2011 and 2013)
9. Damian King, Aus (2001 SIC Champ & 2 x world champ)
10. Nick Ormerod, Aus
11. Nick Gornall, Aus
12. Lewy Finnegan, Aus (current 4th on APB World Tour)
13. Jase Finlay, Aus
14. Christian Riguccini, Cronulla (1999 SIC Champ)
15. Ben Hall, Cronulla
16. Ryan McKinnon, Cronulla
17. Tanner McDaniel, Hawaii (APB Pro Junior no.1 in world)
18. Jacob Romero, Hawaii (World No.7 APB World Tour)
19. Jake Stone, Aus (2015 Aus Champ)
20. Josh Kaihe, Cronulla (2013 SIC Champ)
21. Winston McCall, Aus (Parkway Drive Lead singer and pro Bodyboarder)
22. Shaun Peterson, Aus (2014 Sic runner-up)
23. Ryan Hardy, Aus (voted no.1 in World 3 x Riptide peer poll champ & 06’, 10’ SIC champ)
24. Reece Fowler, Cronulla
The event will see a press conference take place from 11am Thursday, 13th August at South Cronulla Surf Club followed by a launch night at Sting Bar Cronulla from 5.00pm on Thursday 20th August, 2015.
Event calls will be made in the week prior to the event commencing and communicated through Surfing NSW and the Association of Professional Bodyboarders.
The OpenLive Shark Island Challenge pres. by BOKA Green Energy is proudly supported by OpenLive, Boka Green Energy, Nutrition Station, Emerald Bodyboard Store, Inflight Media, Sutherland Shire Council, Association of Professional Bodyboarders and Surfing NSW.
OpenLIVE is a download store for Hi-Resolution Music and a platform that will deliver a growing catalogue of live music from your favourite and soon-to-be favourite bands. Built by Musicians and Music Fans for Musicians and Music Fans, OpenLIVE will deliver music as intended by the Artist – uncompressed and intact. Founded in Australia, OpenLIVE has developed exciting new technology that turns live music into live performances with no cost to the Artist. Experience music as it should be heard with OpenLIVE.